Each year, the Eric Hoffer Award for books presents the First Horizon Award for superior work by debut authors (i.e the first published book of any type by the author). This is an additional distinction beneath the Eric Hoffer Award umbrella.
"The passionate pursuer has all the earmarks of a fugitive."
Upon registering for the Eric Hoffer Award, a book by a first time author is automatically considered for the First Horizon Award. In the spring, the finalists are announced. The First Horizon Award was introduced in 2012. Recipients can be viewed below. Detailed coverage of current winners can be found in the US Review of Books.
* Buried in the Sky, Peter Zuckerman & Amanda Padoan, WW Norton
* Extraordinary Centenarians in America, Gwen Weiss-Numeroff, Agio Publishing
* Hattie, Anna Bozena Bowen, Small Batch Books
* Leaving Early, D.F. Waitt, Hummingbird Knowledge Press
* Searching For Friday's Child, Marjorie Irish Randell, Trafford Publishing
* The Expedition: Dark Waters, Jason Lewis, BillyFish Books
* The Silent Partner, Terrence King, Trafford Publishing
back to top
* 52 People, Jayson Krause , Driven By Passion Press
* A Jewish Calendar of Festive Foods, Jane Portnoy, Janelle International
* Letters in Cardboard Boxes, Abby Slovin, Abby Slovin
* Nonna's Book of Mysteries, Mary Osborne, Lake Street Press
* The Chinese Dream, Helen H. Wang, CreateSpace
back to top